Lightning Protection Engineer (Manchester)
PTSG are the UKs leading provider of façade access and fall arrest equipment services, lightning protection, electrical testing, specialist building access and fire solutions.
Our lighting protection business is a market leader and member of the Association of Technical Lightning & Access Specialists (ATLAS), installing regulation compliant conductor systems to provide the vital protection needed to prevent structural damage to buildings or injury to their users. We provide standard, or bespoke lightning protection across the UK and also, where needed, utilising rope access equipment.
Due to continued growth and investment, we have an opportunity for an experienced lightning protection engineer based out of our large Manchester facility.
The role is relatively labour intensive and necessitates working at height. Having a safety-first mind set is critical to the role. This is a nationwide role and there will be a periodic requirement to have time away from home, dependent on customer needs.
- Fulfil client needs for the installations and upgrade of Lightning Protection systems on buildings and structures in line with BSEN 62305.
- Installing lightning protection and earthing systems on a variety of tall structures such as high-rise offices and flats, church spires and towers, industrial chimneys and power station cooling towers. This will involve working to pre-designed schemes including drawings, using risk assessment and method statements.
- Working on construction sites where multiple tradespeople are working alongside each other to safely erect access ladders, scaffolding, work platforms and other safety devices.
- You will be providing on site communications and advice to either the client or managers of a project, ensuring the Company is always professionally represented.
- Accurately completing all Company paperwork including point of work risk assessments, job sheets, material schedules and timesheets to ensure
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive package
- Strong and proven experience in lightning protection (either testing, repair or installation background)
- NVQ2 or NVQ3 as a Lightning Conductor Engineer
- Customer facing experience in a field service environment
- IPAF, SSTS and PASMA qualifications desirable
- Good planning and organisation skills
- CSCS Card Holder and full valid UK driving license
- Experienced user of e-mail, and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
To Apply – Please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com