Premier Technical Services Group Ltd (PTSG) has completed a specialist electrical services project at the former Wallington Town Hall.
Wallington Town Hall is a municipal building in Wallington, South London. It is a Grade II listed building. It was designed by Robert Atkinson in the Georgian style, built by Perry (Ealing) Ltd and was officially opened by the Member of Parliament for Mitcham, Sir Richard Meller, on 21 September 1934.
The building went on to become the headquarters of the Municipal Borough of Beddington and Wallington when the area became a municipal borough in 1936. After being used as the local registrar’s office in the late 1960s and the 1970s, it was converted into a courthouse by dividing the council chamber into two courtrooms, one above the other, in 1980. After the courts moved out in April 1999, the building was converted for educational use and became part of Sutton College in October 2005.
In this contract, engineers from PTSG Electrical Services Ltd completed a test and inspection of the lightning protection system in place at the building, in line with British standards. If any areas are found to need maintenance in such inspections, PTSG’s engineers are fully trained and experienced to carry out the necessary work to ensure the system remains fully operational.