Premier Technical Services Group Ltd (PTSG) has completed a specialist electrical services project at Victorian-built Blackburn Town Hall.
The foundation stone for the building was laid by Joseph Feilden of Witton Park, Lancashire on 28 October 1852. The building originally housed a police station with 18 cells, a large assembly room and a council chamber. The town hall became the headquarters of the Municipal Borough of Blackburn on its completion, and the headquarters of Blackburn County Borough in 1889.
In May 2019, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council announced plans to refurbish the third and fourth floors of the 19th century listed building which remains the main offices of the council.
Engineers from PTSG Electrical Services Ltd have completed a test and inspection of the lightning protection system in place at the town hall. This is required on an annual basis to ensure compliance with regulations.
PTSG Electrical Services Ltd is the UK’s leading supplier of lightning and surge protection services. Its engineers deliver systems and equipment, as well as test and inspection, upgrades and maintenance, for clients in all industry sectors.