I am Andrew Dack, Group Sales Director for PTSG. PTSG, through its bundled services, offers a genuine multi-disciplinary capability to clients. This often provides them with the complete specialist services solution, with the following benefits:
- one single point of contact for all services;
- a far more focused approach to the servicing of their assets, keeping their building(s) in first-class operational order;
- associated cost savings; and
- by offering a bundled service we are able to ensure compliance on all services provided by PTSG.
Within the Group Sales team are Shaun Caddick, who works with some of PTSG’s biggest existing clients. His focus is on introducing multi-disciplinary service packages to them, finding ways of offering them more both in terms of volume and type of service. Shaun is often out and about meeting directors and discussing ways for our companies to work together.
Jason King, Business Development and Tender Director. Jason is involved with the sale of Group services across a range of channels. This requires diverse skills and the ability to manage both internal and external customer expectations in order to achieve alignment and ultimately secure orders.
During April 2019, I am pleased to report a number of bundled service contracts.
- Sodexo – following the signing of a preferred supplier agreement between PTSG and Sodexo, our teams are now working on 19 new sites to undertake the following range of services: PAT, fixed wire testing, lightning protection testing and the testing of fall arrest equipment.
- FirstPort – we recently reported that we had won a contract to manage the entire lightning protection systems portfolio for FirstPort Property Management Services in 2019. This includes 500 sites across the UK, where we will be undertaking testing and remedial works.
- Interserve (Department of Work and Pensions) – testing of all fire doors plus remedial works.
- Jaguar Land Rover – fixed wire inspection and testing at the automotive giant’s state-of-the-art production facility in Solihull.
- CBRE – our high-level teams have won a large contract to perform window and cladding cleaning.
- Skanska – another high-level contract to perform gutter cleaning at the construction contracting giant’s headquarters in Maple Cross.
A particularly interesting project undertaken by one of our IRATA (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association) abseil teams was the inspection and testing of the abseil anchor systems on the air traffic control tower at Heathrow Airport. They needed to be brought up to date with the required certification and technical information.
PTSG’s Access and Safety division deployed a team to the control tower at Heathrow Airport. Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) ensure lifting equipment is fit for purpose and require that any anchor points and rails are suitable for use by operatives and subject to thorough examination.
Over several visits, our operatives performed inspection and reporting and the reverse engineering of the systems to assess design loads and structural integrity. This ensured abseiling anchorages and rails were up to date and in line with statutory LOLER 1998 9 (2) compliance standards.
This work was carried out alongside the facilities management company and the insurance inspector. We have also taken on further reverse engineering projects at several sites and expect the requirement for this service to increase in the coming year.
Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in Europe, and the sixth busiest in the world. PTSG has provided services at Heathrow Airport since 2008, carrying out a variety of testing, remedial and maintenance works at Terminals 2,3,4 and 5. The Group also provides safety testing and maintenance services at many other international airports including Doha International, London Stansted and Aberdeen International, amongst others.
Every month, we look at the new business opportunities PTSG is forging ahead with across our four business divisions.
PTSG provides a broad spectrum of specialist services across its divisions, ensuring organisations remain compliant and their customers remain safe. Our divisions are separate but complementary; therefore, we have the capability of bundling several services together, often delivering the complete specialist services solution for our customers. This is both convenient and cost-effective, as they benefit from a range of high-quality services all from the same place.
Please take a moment to meet our team:
Andrew Dack, Group Sales Director
Andrew is our new business lead across the Group. With a record of operational excellence and exceptional communication, analytical and strategic planning skills, Andrew has become an absolutely instrumental figure at PTSG.
Shaun Caddick, Sales Director
Shaun works with some of PTSG’s biggest existing clients. His focus is on introducing multi-disciplinary service packages to them, finding ways of offering them more both in terms of volume and type of service. Shaun is often out and about meeting directors and discussing ways for our companies to work together.
Jason King, Business Development and Tender Director
Jason is involved with the sale of Group services across a range of channels. This requires diverse skills and the ability to manage both internal and external customer expectations in order to achieve alignment and ultimately secure orders.
- Sodexo. We have signed a new contract with Sodexo, and have secured eight sites so far, with many more to come. Engineers from different divisions will carry out fixed wire testing, portable appliance testing, lightning protection systems testing and fall arrest equipment testing.
- CBRE Group, Inc. is a commercial real estate services and investment firm. It is the largest company of its kind in the world. It is based in Los Angeles, California and operates more than 450 offices worldwide and serves clients in more than 100 countries:
- Dulux Paints in Slough – fixed wire and PAT
- BUPA – fixed wire, LPS and fall arrest testing
- British Telecom – a new contract with BT, the telecoms giant, covers 800 sites where our engineers will undertake the testing of portable appliances and fixed wires, lightning protection systems and fall arrest equipment
- Vinci – Office of National Statistics – fixed wire and PAT