Premier Technical Services Group Ltd (PTSG) has delivered specialist electrical services at Western General Hospital in Edinburgh.
Often abbreviated to ‘The Western General’, the hospital first opened as the St. Cuthberts and Canongate Poorhouse in 1868, principally as a workhouse but also having some hospital functions. it was converted fully to hospital use in 1927. A nurses’ home was added in 1935 and a pathology block was completed in 1939. It joined the National Health Service in 1948.
- Nuffield Transplant Unit
- A range of functional buildings from the 1950s (including surgical theatres)
- Nurses Home
- Pathology Department
- Royal Victoria Building.
Engineers from PTSG Electrical Services Ltd have completed a test and inspection of the lightning protection system in place at the hospital. PTSG is the UK’s leading provider of lightning protection services and is prolific in the delivery of both test and inspection services and the design and installation of new lightning protection systems.