Premier Technical Services Group Ltd (PTSG) has completed a specialist electrical services project at Sycamore House in Hammersmith, West London.
The original Sycamore House, in Sycamore Gardens, was built in the 1950s to provide 40 flats on land bought on favourable terms from Hammersmith Borough Council.
That building was officially opened on 9th June, 1955 by H.R.H. The Duchess of Gloucester. Later, in the mid 1980s, the 24 bed-sitting room flats (bedsits) were converted to provide one-bedroom units with a separate sitting room, to match the other 16 original flats.
In March 2012 a new building providing 20 high specification flats was opened and a further four flats were formed from areas originally used as the charity’s offices and from the original residents’ lounge. Currently, Sycamore House has 52 flats, a guest flat, a residents’ lounge, library and internet access, and a laundry.
Engineers from PTSG Electrical Services Ltd have completed a test and inspection of the lightning protection system in place at Sycamore House. This work is required by law to ensure the system is fully operational and able to protect the building and its users in the event of an electrical storm. If repairs are required, PTSG’s engineers can deliver these too – part of a full portfolio of services.