PTSG was founded in 2007 to fulfil an industry need for a single provider of multiple specialist services to the construction and FM sectors.
Since then, we have become the leading supplier of fall arrest equipment services, electrical testing, specialist building access, fire solutions and water treatment.
PTSG Electrical Services Ltd – the UK’s leading provider of lightning protection services and electrical compliance services.
The purpose of this role is to work as a member of the regional estimating team, building dynamic and long-term relationships with clients. Involves working in close collaboration with other regional estimators and operational counterparts to ensure the smooth handover of projects to the contract management team.
- Prepare and produce risk assessments, designs, quotations and specifications for lightning protection installation projects in response to incoming enquiries
- Ensure all quotations are technically sound and in accordance with the prevailing British and International Standards governing lightning protection installation
- Follow up all quotations to a conclusion
- Generate new business opportunities by engaging in pro-active research using construction industry database and other available sources of project information
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross profit targets
- Develop long-term relationships with existing accounts to ensure repeat business. As well as developing an ongoing pipeline of new customers to deliver regional growth
- Timely submission of weekly/monthly sales report
- Manage clients’ expectations in line with our operational delivery capability
- Attend pre- and post- tender meetings as required
- Design/estimating experience in lightning protection/earthing or a related industry
- Technical competence (ideally BS EN 62305 accreditation and/or a recognised electrical engineering qualification)
- A good working knowledge of all relevant UK and European standards relating to lightning protection and earthing
- The ability to work both within a team and on own initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service and relationship-building expertise
- Self-motivation and excellent time-management
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Risk Assessment Software)
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and specifications, and to produce lightning protection risk assessments, designs and layouts
- A full (clean) UK driving licence