PTSG was founded in 2007 to fulfil an industry need for a single provider of multiple specialist services to the construction and FM sectors.
Since then, we have become the leading supplier of fall arrest equipment services, electrical testing, specialist building access, fire solutions and water treatment.
PTSG Electrical Services Ltd – the UK’s leading provider of lightning protection services and electrical compliance services.
The job purpose is to work as part of a management team to lead and direct a workforce of Lightning Conductor and Electrical Earthing operatives to ensure that Lightning Protection Installation works are undertaken within budget and to contractual requirements and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that operatives are set to work safely, have all safety equipment they require and that their competence is maintained in conjunction with our Safety, Heath and Environmental team.
- Manage the contractual element of Projects to ensure they are delivered in line with the contract programme and project specification whilst achieving or bettering the budgeted profit margins.
- Schedule resource efficiently to suit the ongoing works programme and liaise with the clients to manage their expectations to suit project requirements.
- Work with the Stock Controller and Administration team to order and manage material and stock levels to ensure projects are delivered within budget and programme.
- Track project progress and performance and address labour or material shortfalls in a manner to minimise impact on the project but having regard to project profitability.
- Identify and manage value engineering or project opportunities to improve on budget to maximise the regions commercial performance.
- Provide clear and concise instruction to the operatives as to how the are to execute their roles efficiently and effectively.
- Work with the SHEQ team to investigate and report on incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences and implement loss prevention measures or corrective actions.
- Implement and oversee the disciplinary process with the engineer base where necessary.
- Represent the team at contract planning meetings and customer progress meetings.
- Work with the estimating team to review large or logistically challenging works during the tender process to ensure projects are bid realistically.
- Experience in lightning protection/earthing or a related industry preferred.
- Technical competence (ideally BS EN 62305 accreditation and/or a recognised electrical engineering qualification).
- A good working knowledge of all relevant UK and European standards relating to lightning protection and earthing.
- The ability to work both within a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to lead the engineer team firmly but fairly through mentoring and deal with any employee related issues promptly and consistently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and excellent time-management.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Risk Assessment Software).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and specifications.
- A full (clean) driving licence.