Electrical Technical Manager (Castleford)
PTSG are the UKs leading provider of façade access and fall arrest equipment services, lightning protection, electrical testing, specialist building access and fire solutions.
Our Castleford based electrical testing business specialises in providing portable appliance testing (PAT), electrical installation testing and remedial works nationwide through a professional and skilled team.
The Electrical Technical Manager role is to proactively lead, train and audit all technical/engineering employees involved in electrical compliance projects. To ensure the Division maintains compliance with current and future versions of the IET and British Standards and other associated technical and safety standards. Delivering multiple projects simultaneously from inception to completion, including providing advice from pre-submission to a final high-quality task completion and to audit proactively, driving technical compliance/adherence and development across the Division.
- Providing leadership and technical support/guidance to a team of Qualified Supervisors, Estimators, and Reports Admin and Verification team
- Drive technical expertise and adherence to standards and ensuring customers understanding of compliance
- Training new hires and developing existing field-based workforce to drive H&S standards and to ensure relevant knowledge of compliance requirements.
- Conduct audits for H&S and quality of reports and rectification works
- Undertake site visits designed to secure work by providing technical insight, product specifications and pricing information to clients.
- Lead the development of standard operating procedures that meet relevant industry requirements.
- Supporting senior managers this is a client facing role representing the Division for PTSG Group.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including relevant training, development and a company vehicle and fuel card.
We would like to hear from applicants who will be based in our Castleford offices but will be required to travel across the UK. Applicants would ideally have:
- Preferably qualified to HNC level in electrical installation but must have the following as a minimum.
- C&G 2360 parts 1&2 (A&B), with AM2, or C&G 2330 parts 1&2 with NVQ3 and AM2,
- C&G 2391 or 2394/5
- BS7671 18th Edition
- Practical hands-on engineering orientation with extensive experience in electrical testing and installations
- Strong communicator/influencer, with proven client facing experience
- Strong leadership skills acquired as either a line manager or functional manager in a matrix environment
- Good IT and business administration skills with experience of producing quotations, technical specifications, written and data-driven reports.
To Apply please contact Phil Campion at [email protected]