Labour Controller (Northwich)
PTSG are the UKs leading provider of façade access and fall arrest equipment services, lightning protection, electrical testing, specialist building access and fire solutions.
One of the businesses in our fire solutions division is Pure Power, who are specialist contractors to the Fire suppression industry. Fire suppression systems extinguish fire by the immediate release of a suppression agent. Each of these systems have a pump room to deliver the suppressant. Pure Power service and maintain the pump rooms, ensuring both power supplies and pumping equipment function as they should when required.
The purpose of the role is to control and co-ordinate operational delivery within Pure Power, ensuring the schedule of work for Engineers achieves the highest levels of customer service and engineer productivity. Involves both forward planning and reactive problem resolution on an ongoing basis, working closely with other departments to ensure the full business cycle from order to cash collection can be completed.
- Planning all works nationally for Pure Power services on a rolling weekly basis, liaising with both clients and Engineers. In practice, this involves working on both the present week and the following weeks to track progress and ensure the schedules are filled and works are completed on time.
- Providing exceptional customer service and building strong relationships with key contacts to retain existing and new business.
- Ensuring exemplary service and reporting in line with any specific Service Level Agreements.
- Supporting the Engineers in the field ensuring they have the correct H&S training, job information, equipment, stationary etc. acting as a point of liaison for them with the customer and relevant internal departments.
- Assisting with arranging travel and hotel accommodation for Engineers working away from home. This involves raising Purchase Orders and checking expenditure is in line with the budget and the company’s expenses policy.
- Tracking work completion and the return of worksheets from Engineers, supplying full and accurate invoicing information to the Accounts team.
- Generating or providing various management reports (KPIs, invoicing, weekly and monthly business updates etc).
- Any other ad hoc tasks for the management team that help to maintain service and the division’s commercial/financial commitments.
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive package
- Relevant and broad experience as a Labour Controller, Planner, Scheduler or Operations Manager
- Relevant industry experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Exceptional people skills (strong communicator, service orientated, supportive and helpful to colleagues)
- Calm, resilient and flexible with experience in a fast-paced service environment
- Experienced user of e-mail and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience of operating at a hands-on level, but simultaneously being able to bring about improvement in the role.
To Apply – Please send your CV in the first instance to [email protected]