PTSG are the UKs leading provider of façade access and fall arrest equipment services, lightning protection, electrical testing, specialist building access and fire solutions.
Our Castleford based electrical testing business specialises in providing portable appliance testing (PAT) and electrical installation testing nationwide through a professional and skilled team.
Strong customer demand for our compliance critical services has led to expansion and we are looking for a Labour Controller to join our Operations team. This is more than a ‘Planner’ role, as explained below.
Working alongside the Technical Team and Administrators, this role is critical within the Division. It has a dual focus on ensuring the schedule of work for a group of UK based Engineers achieves the highest levels of customer service and ensures optimum use of engineering resources.
• Planning all works nationally for a designated service (Electrical Installation Testing or Portable Appliance Testing) on a rolling weekly basis, liaising with both clients and Engineers.
• Support Engineers in the field ensuring they have the correct H&S training, job information, equipment, stationary etc. acting as a point of contact for them with the customer and relevant internal departments.
• Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for Engineers working away from home, involving raising Purchase Orders and checking expenditure is in line with the budget and Company’s expenses policy.
• Tracking work completion and the return of worksheet from Engineers, supplying full and accurate invoicing information to the Accounts Team.
• Generating and providing various management reports (KPIs, invoicing, weekly and monthly business updates etc.).
• Any other ad hoc tasks for the management team that help to maintain service and the division’s commercial / financial commitments.
• Have the ability to plan nationally using sales information, retained customer data, knowledge of the customer/engineer/and geography.
• You will have relevant and broad experience as a Labour Controller, Planner, Scheduler or Operations Manager.
• Relevant industry experience would be an advantage, but not essential
• You will have exceptional people skills alongside building good client relationship (strong communicator, service orientated, supportive and helpful to colleagues)
• Calm, resilient and flexible with experience in a fast-paced service environment
• Experienced user of e-mail, and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Forward planning and reactive problem resolution
• Full time permanent position
• Competitive package
To Apply – Please send your CV, in the first instance, to firstname.lastname@example.org