Labour Control Manager (Planning Manager) Castleford
PTSG are the UKs leading provider of façade access and fall arrest equipment services, lightning protection, electrical testing, specialist building access and fire solutions.
The Group has over 30 sites across the UK from which 1,500 employees provide niche services to over 20,000 customers.
Our Electrical Testing business is part of the Electrical Services Division offering services in the inspection and testing of fixed installations and portable appliances (PAT).
To control and co-ordinate the Labour Control Team and operational delivery within the Electrical Testing business. Ensuring the schedule of work for Engineers achieves the highest levels of customer service and engineer productivity. Involves both forward planning and reactive problem resolution on an ongoing basis, working closely with other departments to ensure the full business cycle from order to cash collection can be completed.
- Maximise revenue for the business through effective leadership of the Labour Controllers to plan all works nationally for a designated service on a rolling weekly basis. In practice, this involves working on both the present week and the following weeks to track progress and ensure the schedules are filled effectively and efficiently so works are completed on time.
- Daily and weekly reviews of all outstanding works, to ensure Labour Controllers are scheduling and processing all work for invoicing and cash collection.
- Manage the invoicing process through close collaboration with Finance and Service Delivery, proactively identifying and resolving any issues impacting payment to PTSG or client retention.
- Coaching and training team members to provide exceptional customer service and building strong relationships with key contacts to retain existing and new business. Includes paying particular attention to key accounts ensuring exemplary service and reporting in line with their specific Service Level Agreements.
- Supporting the Labour Controllers to provide Engineers with the correct H&S training, job information, equipment, travel and hotel accommodation, stationary etc.
- Generating or providing various management reports (KPIs, invoicing, weekly and monthly business updates etc).
- Oversee key internal processes including enquiry management, client driven security clearance and internal reporting.
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive package
- Proven background of team leadership, particularly in resource / schedule planning and / or operations management.
- Strong commercial orientation with the ability to sell services and resolve issues affecting client retention/development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Calm, resilient and flexible with experience in a fast-paced service environment
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Proven success with the provision of exceptional customer service
- Relevant industry experience would be a definite advantage
- Analytical and experienced user of e-mail and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
To Apply – Please send your CV in the first instance to [email protected]