HSE Advisors (Castleford and a Southern Location)
PTSG are the UKs leading provider of façade access and fall arrest equipment services, lightning protection, electrical testing, specialist building access and fire solutions.
The Group has over 30 sites across the UK from which 1500 employees provide niche services to over 20,000 customers. Our HSQE team play a pivotal role across the business and further investment in this area means we’re adding two more Advisors to the team. One will be based in Castleford and another at one of our locations in the South.
To promote a positive Health and Safety culture in a designated part of the PTSG Group (North or South), by ensuring employees at all levels understand and comply with HSE legislation and related company policies and practices.
- Conducting internal audits and preparing for external audits
- Conducting property audits
- Undertaking formal inspections and reviews of functional activities to ensure the Health, Safety and Environment management systems are operating in accordance with their aims and objectives
- Ensure that employees at all levels across the Group understand their legal duties with respect to relevant Health, Safety, and Environment legislation and associated Codes of Practice and guidance.
- Assist in implementing practical and effective methods (both preventative and remedial), of promoting health and safety within the Group.
- Deliver or organise in-house training for managers and employees in respect of Health & Safety and company policy/procedures, including Induction training to new employees.
- Conduct or support incident investigations and report findings in the required format and then follow up as directed with remedial preventative actions.
- Performs drug and alcohol testing as directed
- Producing audit reports as required
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g., fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, working at height
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive package
- Experienced H&S professional who has ideally carried out audits in a multi-site technical/engineering environment
- NEBOSH qualified (General Certificate) or actively working towards NEBOSH certification
- Significant knowledge of HSE legislation and related Codes of Practice • Proven experience of carrying out audits/site inspections
- Strong influencing and communications skills and the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Full driving license required
To Apply – Please send your CV in the first instance to [email protected]