Location: Witham, Essex
PTSG was founded in 2007 to fulfil an industry need for a single provider of multiple specialist services to the construction and FM sectors.
Since then, we have become the leading supplier of fall arrest equipment services, electrical testing, specialist building access, fire solutions and water treatment.
PTSG Electrical Services Ltd – the UK’s leading provider of lightning protection services and electrical compliance services.
The purpose of this role is to install lightning protection and earthing systems on a variety of structures across all forms of private, public, industrial and commercial sectors.
Key Accountabilities (major end results the job is expected to achieve):
- Install lightning protection and earthing systems on a variety of tall structures such as high-rise offices and flats. This will involve working to pre-designed schemes including drawings, a risk assessment and method statement.
- Undertake upgrades to existing lightning protection systems to specified instructions provided.
- In order to work safely, scaffolding, work platforms, as well as other safety devices.
- Accurately complete Company paperwork including point of work risk assessment, job sheets, material schedules and timesheets and ensure this is returned to the office-based team.
- Provide on site communications and advice to either the client or managers of a project, ensuring the Company is professionally represented at all times.
Job Context / Key Challenges:
Lightning Protection is a key niche service for PTSG, and the environment is highly regulated (BS EN 62305:2006) requiring our clients to undertake testing at least once a year.
The work undertaken is generally outdoors and at height, requiring our Engineers to gain access to roof tops and systems in sometimes difficult to reach places. The lifting and use of light equipment are required.
The types of sites an Engineer will work on, ranges for high-rise domestic residential properties to large retail units and industrial structures such as towers and chimneys. Driving is a critical part of the role given the size and location of the customer base.
Person Profile (Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience):
- Strong and proven experience in lightning protection (either testing, repair or installation background)
- NVQ 2 or NVQ3 as a Lightning Conductor Engineer
- Customer facing experience in a field service environment
- Good planning and organisation skills
- IPAF, SSSTS and PASMA qualifications desirable
- CSCS Card Holder
- Full UK driving license