PTSG was founded in 2007 to fulfil an industry need for a single provider of multiple specialist services to the construction and FM sectors.
Since then, we have become the leading supplier of fall arrest equipment services, electrical testing, specialist building access, fire solutions and water treatment.
PTSG Electrical Services Ltd – the UK’s leading provider of lightning protection services and electrical compliance services.
Our lightning protection business is a market leader and member of the Association of Technical Lightning & Access Specialists (ATLAS), installing regulation compliant conductor systems to provide the vital protection needed to prevent structural damage to buildings or injury to their users. We provide standard, or bespoke lightning protection across the UK and also, where needed, utilising rope access equipment.
The purpose of the role is to…
- Prepare and produce risk assessments, designs, quotations and specifications for lightning & surge protection/earthing installation projects in response to incoming enquiries
- Ensure all quotations are technically sound and profitable and in accordance with the prevailing British and International Standards governing lightning protection installation
- Follow up all quotations to a conclusion
- Generate new business opportunities by engaging in pro-active research using construction industry database and other available sources of project information
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross profit targets
- Develop long-term relationships with existing accounts to ensure repeat business. As well as developing an ongoing pipeline of new customers to deliver regional growth
- Timely submission of weekly/monthly sales reporting
- Manage clients’ expectations in line with our operational delivery capability
- Attend pre- and post- tender meetings as required
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive package
- Design/estimating experience in lightning protection/earthing or a related industry preferred
- Technical competence (ideally BS EN 62305 accreditation and/or a recognised electrical engineering qualification)
- A good working knowledge of all relevant UK and European standards relating to lightning protection and earthing
- The ability to work both within a team and on own initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service and relationship-building expertise
- Self-motivation and excellent time-management
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Risk Assessment Software)
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and specifications, and to produce lightning protection risk assessments, designs and layouts
- A full (clean) driving licence.
To Apply – Please send your CV in the first instance to [email protected]