PTSG was founded in 2007 to fulfil an industry need for a single provider of multiple specialist services to the construction and FM sectors.
Since then, we have become the leading supplier of fall arrest equipment services, electrical testing, specialist building access, fire solutions and water treatment.
PTSG Building Access Specialists Ltd – the home of high-level building access solutions for commercial, industrial and public buildings.
Reports To: Divisional Director
Business/Function: PTSG Pendrich Height Services
To generate new steeplejack and rope access business opportunities by networking, cold calling and other lead generation methods within a defined territory. This includes developing a strong pipeline of quotations, tenders and proposals in order to meet defined sales targets. Requires the presentation of solutions and services to both new and existing clients, as well as leveraging and developing client relationships that exist across the Group.
Key Accountabilities (major end results the job is expected to achieve):
- Generate new business opportunities in line with monthly activity targets
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Manage and grow new business revenues from existing accounts, within your own network or by cold calling
- Develop an ongoing pipeline of new business to achieve sales targets
- Accurately forecast the sales pipeline
- Timely submission of weekly/monthly sales report
- Manage clients’ expectations in line with our operational delivery capability
- To quote and estimate jobs in line with the quotations
- Develop and implement an agreed regional sales strategy
- Maintain a good knowledge of the electrical testing and facilities management markets and our competitors within them
Job Context / Key Challenges:
PTSG is a company that is growing fast and requires the Business Development Manager to be able to hit the ground running with a robust and sustainable sales strategy for their region. The role is critical in enabling PTSG to sustain and grow the engineering team within each region. This requires a constant supply of new business at agreed pricing levels within all service streams for regional profit margins to be achieved on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
One particular challenge comes from the fact that PTSG has grown, and will continue to grow, through acquisition so we will need the Business Development Manager to be adaptable with their sales strategy in order to accommodate new services lines that may need to be developed.
- Manages the sales strategy for their given region
- Needs to be self-sufficient but will be guided by an experienced Divisional Director who provides a high level of support
- Manages own time in accordance with the role’s objectives
Person Profile (Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience):
- Able to acquire and maintain a high level of knowledge on our products and solutions to represent the offering to our customers and prospects
- Self-driven and motivated, with the ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Able to fully understand the needs of our customers and prospects and to deliver formal presentations to them, at both a company and product level
- A successful and consistent track record of solution-based selling with proven and demonstrable experience of closing new business
- A strong understanding of the sales process
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal with strong presentation skills. Must be highly organised, sales focussed and knowledgeable
- Experience of selling a service into facilities, estates, maintenance and procurement managers would be a distinct advantage
- Working knowledge of the facilities management/electrical compliance marketplace
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Professional and flexible approach with a commitment to quality
- Good experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years on target performance in a similar role
Other specific requirements:
- Must live within the region allocated
- Full, clean valid UK driving licence
- Ability to travel within region and occasionally UK wide or international travel
- Ability to work flexibly outside of normal office hours when necessary to meet customer or company requirements
Organisation Structure (place in the organisation):
- Reports to Divisional Director
- Works alongside Operations Team