Scotland’s historic buildings safeguarded thanks to PTSG
Premier Technical Services Group (PTSG) is helping safeguard the future of some of Scotland’s most iconic buildings.
PTSG has been contracted by Historic Scotland via Carilion to carry out annual inspections and testing of lightning protection systems at 37 properties across the country as well as any remedial works needed.
Historic Scotland is an agency within the Scottish Government and is directly responsible to Scottish Ministers for safeguarding the nation’s historic environment, and promoting its understanding and enjoyment.
All of the 37 locations are listed buildings, ranging from churches and cathedrals to castles and monuments. A full list of the sites is below.
- Balvenie Castle – Dufftown, Moray
- Castle Huntly Huntly – Aberdeenshire
- Corgarff Castle – Corgarff, Strathdon
- Duff House – Banff, Banffshire
- Kildrummy Castle – Kildrummy, Alford
- Kinnaird Head Castle – Terrace, Fraserburgh
- Tarves By Ellon – Aberdeenshire
- Arbroath Abbey – Arbroath
- Brechin Round Tower – Brechin
- Broughty Barracks/Castle – Dundee, Angus
- Restenneth Priory – Forfar
- Argyll’s Lodging Castle – Wynd, Stirling
- Castle Campbell – Dollar
- Clackmannan Tower – High Street, Clackmannanshire
- Doune Castle – Doune, Perthshire
- Dunblane Cathedral – The Cross, Dunblane
- Scotstarvit Tower – Ceres, Cupar, Fife
- Stirling Castle – The Esplanade, Stirling
- Elgin Cathedral – Bishops House, Elgin
- Beauly Priory – Beauly, Inverness
- Dallas Dhu Distillery – Mannchie Road, Forres
- Fortrose Cathedral – Cathedral Square, Fortrose
- Spynie Palace – Elgin, Moray
- Suenos Stone – Findhorn Road, Forres
- Urquhart Castle – Drumnadrochit
- Dunfermline Abbey – Dunfermline
- St Andrews Castle – St Andrews
- St Andrews Cathedral – St Andrews
- Dunkeld Cathedral – Cathedral Street, Dunkeld, Perthshire
- Elcho Castle – Rhynd, Perth
- Muthill Church & Tower – Station Road, The Wynd, Crieff, Perthshire
- Stanley Mills – Mill Road, Stanley, Perthshire
- The Round Tower – Main Street, Abernethy, Perth
- Dundrennan Abbey – Dundrennan, Kirkcudbright
- Glasgow Cathedral – Cathedral Square, Glasgow
- Linlithgow Palace – Kirkgate, Linlithgow
- Longmore House – Salisbury Place, Edinburgh
Craig Finney, operations manager at PTSG, said: “This is a fantastic contract to have been asked to deliver. All of the 37 buildings are iconic and are part of Scotland’s rich history.
“Safeguarding the future of these buildings is essential and something we are delighted to be able to help with by inspecting and testing their lightning protection systems.
“Obviously, if there is any remedial work that is required, we will need to ensure that we do not cause any damage to these listed buildings and ensure the aesthetic nature of the structures is maintained.”