Premier Technical Services Group PLC (PTSG) will continue to deliver works at a London building used as an air raid shelter during the Second World War.
PTSG’s South Suspended Access division has carried out maintenance works at Victoria House on behalf of Premier Plant Engineering Ltd since 2011 and has now extended that relationship after securing a new contract.
Victoria House, in Southampton Row, was opened in 1926 by the Lord Mayor of London – more than a thousand people were in attendance – before a second opening ceremony took place six years later following the completion of the building.
During the Second World War, the basements of Victoria House were converted into air raid shelters, first aid and gas-decontamination stations, Police and Fire brigade sub-stations.
Garbe (UK) acquired Victoria House in 1999 and began a comprehensive development plan to create approximately 300,000 square feet of office, retail and leisure space.
Today, Victoria House is near full occupation and under the ownership of M1 Real Estate.