PTSG engineers see Scotland from a different angle
Premier Technical Services Group PLC (PTSG) engineers have experienced yet more breathtaking views while working on some of Scotland’s most iconic buildings.
These photographs show just some of the views the engineers have experienced at St Andrews Cathedral, Corgarff Castle, Castle Campbell, Castle Nuntley, Elgin Cathedral and Dunkeld Cathedral.
These latest views come after engineers completed works on the equally impressive Glasgow Cathedral.
PTSG’s Electrical Services division has been contracted by Historic Scotland via Carilion to carry out annual inspections and testing of lightning protection systems at 37 properties across the country as well as any remedial works needed.
All of the 37 locations are listed buildings, ranging from churches and cathedrals to castles and monuments. A full list of the sites is below.
- Balvenie Castle – Dufftown, Moray
- Castle Huntly Huntly – Aberdeenshire
- Corgarff Castle – Corgarff, Strathdon
- Duff House – Banff, Banffshire
- Kildrummy Castle – Kildrummy, Alford
- Kinnaird Head Castle – Terrace, Fraserburgh
- Tarves By Ellon – Aberdeenshire
- Arbroath Abbey – Arbroath
- Brechin Round Tower – Brechin
- Broughty Barracks/Castle – Dundee, Angus
- Restenneth Priory – Forfar
- Argyll’s Lodging Castle – Wynd, Stirling
- Castle Campbell – Dollar
- Clackmannan Tower – High Street, Clackmannanshire
- Doune Castle – Doune, Perthshire
- Dunblane Cathedral – The Cross, Dunblane
- Scotstarvit Tower – Ceres, Cupar, Fife
- Stirling Castle – The Esplanade, Stirling
- Elgin Cathedral – Bishops House, Elgin
- Beauly Priory – Beauly, Inverness
- Dallas Dhu Distillery – Mannchie Road, Forres
- Fortrose Cathedral – Cathedral Square, Fortrose
- Spynie Palace – Elgin, Moray
- Suenos Stone – Findhorn Road, Forres
- Urquhart Castle – Drumnadrochit
- Dunfermline Abbey – Dunfermline
- St Andrews Castle – St Andrews
- St Andrews Cathedral – St Andrews
- Dunkeld Cathedral – Cathedral Street, Dunkeld, Perthshire
- Elcho Castle – Rhynd, Perth
- Muthill Church & Tower – Station Road, The Wynd, Crieff, Perthshire
- Stanley Mills – Mill Road, Stanley, Perthshire
- The Round Tower – Main Street, Abernethy, Perth
- Dundrennan Abbey – Dundrennan, Kirkcudbright
- Glasgow Cathedral – Cathedral Square, Glasgow
- Linlithgow Palace – Kirkgate, Linlithgow
- Longmore House – Salisbury Place, Edinburgh
Historic Scotland is an agency within the Scottish Government and is directly responsible to Scottish Ministers for safeguarding the nation’s historic environment, and promoting its understanding and enjoyment.