Premier Technical Services Group PLC (PTSG) CEO Paul Teasdale has picked up yet another prestigious business award.
After being named Customer Service Business Leader of the Year in the European Contact Centre and Customer Service Awards 2015 last month, Paul was crowned Entrepreneur of the Year in the Listed Business category at EY’s North of England Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2015 last night (Tuesday, June 23).
Held at the Lowry Hotel in Manchester and hosted by BBC Breakfast’s Steph McGovern, the awards dinner honoured nine business leaders across 10 categories. Each of the winners was judged and selected from finalists leading 36 companies from across the North West, Yorkshire and North East. All of the North of England winners will go on to represent the region at the UK finals in October 2015.
The shortlist included 10 other finalists from Yorkshire businesses, which together turnover more than £790m.
According to the judges, Paul is ‘an outstanding individual’ who is ‘driven and ambitious’ with ‘great people around him’. They went on to say that PTSG, which listed on AIM earlier this year, has a ‘compelling proposition’.
Now in its 17th year in the UK, EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year Awards brings together dynamic business leaders of fast growth companies that are creating growth, confidence at pace and generating positive impact in their markets at home and abroad.
The 2015 North of England judging panel was chaired by Ian Kelly, Chairman of Matrix and Utiligroup, Non-Executive Director of Purple WiFi and PowerLinks, and a former UK Entrepreneur of the Year winner. He was joined on the panel by 12 other Northern business leaders, including Karen Boswell, Former Managing Director of East Coast Rail and Jim Sumner, Chairman of Leeds-headquartered Andrew Page.
This year’s North of England region judges were:
- Ian Kelly, Chairman of Matrix and Utiligroup, and Non-Executive Director of Purple WiFi and PowerLinks
- Karen Boswell, Former Managing Director of East Coast Rail
- Bill Holmes, Chief Executive Officer at Radius Payment Solutions
- Mohsin Issa, Managing Director and Co-Founder of Euro Garages
- David Judge, Managing Director of Cormar Carpets
- Marnie Millard, Group Chief Executive at Nichols
- Angela Spindler, Chief Executive Officer at N Brown Group
- Jim Sumner, Chairman of Andrew Page and Non-Executive Chairman of James Briggs
- Geoff Thompson, Chief Executive Officer of Utilitywise
- Gary Tipper, Managing Partner at Palatine Private Equity
- Simon Wilkinson, Chairman of RealityMine
- Majid Hussain, Managing Director of Accrol Holdings
- Liz Allen, Director at the connectives
Other EY North of England Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2015 winners:
Peter Roberts, Founder and Executive Chairman of Leeds-headquartered Pure Gym, was named overall North of England EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015.
Newcastle-headquartered True Potential’s Managing Partner David Harrison triumphed in the Business Services category
Mark Gulliford won the Master category for his work as Managing Director of Northumberland-based DE Group.
Peter Walls, Chief Executive at Sunderland-based social housing provider Gentoo Group, won the Social Enterprise award.
Gateshead-headquartered Hadrian Healthcare Group’s Ian Watson took home the Consumer Products and Services award.
James Wilkinson, CEO at Macclesfield-based Zuto, won the Science and Technology award.
The Private Equity-backed award went to Simon Cooper, CEO at On the Beach based in Cheadle.
Stoke-on-Trent-based Solidor Group CEO Gareth Mobley took home the Manufacturing award.
Visit http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Newsroom/News-releases/15-04-23—Yorkshires-leading-entrepreneurs-unveiled-for-EY-awards for the full shortlist.